Thursday, January 24, 2013

Math = purple dinosuars and panda bears?


Exactly. It doesn't make sense. I told myself when I started this whole blog thing, that I would be honest. Honest enough to admit my faults, anxieties (there are many), and I will now openly admit my lack of math skills. I should never, ever, EVER be allowed to do anything involving numbers. It's just not my thing. Try as I did, and try as I might, to my parent’s dismay, it was just never meant to be. Math and I will never be friends. 

I can’t help it. It just never, ever made sense. The hours of painful math tutoring in middle school, the painful hours spent at summer school trying to decipher geometry, and don’t even get me started on Algebra.  Why would you ever incorporate the alphabet into a math problem? I just don’t get it. And don’t try to seek me out to turn me into an after school tv special success story and try to explain this great mystery to me, I mean, you are aware of the title of this blog?  It’s not going to work. You can consult any previous math teacher of mine. Believe me, they tried.

So, my point is this: Find what out you are good at, and stick to it. I’m good at languages. Not so good at calculating how much my tacos and burritos cost + tax and tip. J

No comments:

Post a Comment